- Two general-purpose molecular laboratories, which include all the apparels for nucleic acid/protein extraction, quantification and electrophoresis, PCR, Real-Time qPCR, library preparation for high-throughput sequencing, karyology.
- Two hatcheries for invertebrate animals, including insects (termites and stick-insects), bivalve molluscs, and crustaceans.
- Reference specimen voucher collections of worldwide Bivalvia, Mediterranean stick-insects and termites.
The Lab members have also free access to other facilities of the Department:
- Immunocytochemistry and Microscopy Lab that includes all the equipment for western blotting and immunolocalization
- Ultramicrotomy Lab
- Scanning electron microscope: Philips 515
- Scanning electron microscope: Jeol 5200
- Transmission electron microscope: Philips CM100 (PW6021) equipped with a Kodak MEGAPLUS Camera (Model 1.6i)
- Confocal microscope: Leica SP2
- Fluorescence microscope: Nikon Eclipse 90i
- Multilabel Reader Perkin Elmer VICTOR3 V
- Intel Xeon Workstation “Darth Sidious”
32x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 v3 @ 2.60GHz [2 sockets, 8 cores per socket, 2 threads per core]16x 16GB RAM module [256GB RAM]10.5TB hard disk memory [500GB + 2TB + 8TB]
Intel Xeon Workstation “Darth Vader”56x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz [2 sockets, 14 cores per socket, 2 threads per core]16x 32GB RAM module [512GB RAM]8.256TB hard disk memory [256GB + 8TB]
Intel Xeon Workstation “Kylo Ren”64x Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6326 CPU @ 2.90GHz [2 sockets, 16 cores per socket, 2 threads per core]12x 64GB RAM module [768GB RAM]
120.256TB hard disk memory [256GB + 120TB]